Times They are a-Changin’
By Aaron T. Huss
Well, times may not be changing, but the website is a little bit. It’s becoming more and more difficult and time-consuming (of which I don’t have all that much of) to support the large spread of product releases. For one thing, it’s quite the administrative trick to manage hundreds of release categories. It’s also a fair amount of work to sort everything between release types. Instead of making things more difficult on myself and to help in continuing to streamline the website, the following changes have been made (of which you’ve probably noticed with our New Releases posting):
- All new product releases will be placed on the New Releases category.
- New releases that we research will be placed in a single new release posting.
- New releases that are submitted through the Submissions for or e-mail to us will get their own posting along with an illustration for the new product.
- Announcements, articles and support posts will be posted in their respective categories.
- Announcements and articles will still be posted to our Facebook page.
- Headlines will be consumed (hopefully) every day with articles and major announcements.
- New releases that we research will be categorized within the new releases posting for easier reading as long as their is at least two products.
- Finding product categories will be strictly done through the use of Tags instead of individual subcategories. This was already in use, but not it’s exclusive to the Tags. It was redundant to do it the other way. For easier navigation, Tags are listed at the top of every posting.
By moving to this new posting format, it frees up a lot of time for me to do other things, such as my own publishing outlet. This also means that it will be easier for users to read the new releases without navigating through as many pages. This does mean our monthly pageviews will be drop again, but every new release will still be easily viewed.
I’m hoping to greatly increase our monthly Viewers numbers during the course of the next year, especially with the articles that will be posted more frequently. We’d love it if you’d spread the word about Roleplayers Chronicle, and to embrace our Viewers, we’ll be running giveaways every now and then. Thank you everyone for your continued support.