Welcome to a special edition of the Gen Con Report. Prior to the start of Gen Con, we’re attempting to collect as much information as we can on the products that are being released / featured at Gen Con so readers know what to expect. Hopefully this will be a multi-part series, but here is a look at the next publishers who have provided this “inside” information.
First, I want to point you at Crafty Games’ big new release for the show – the Mistborn Adventure Game. There are three editions and you can see them all here…
Based on the best-selling novels by Brandon Sanderson and powered by an all new story-driven rules system, the Mistborn Adventure Game lets you explore, command, or liberate the oppressed world of Scadrial, battle the Lord Ruler’s Inquisitors, and master the primal forces of Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy. It features new official fiction from Brandon Sanderson and loads of never-before-seen material, making it the ultimate resource for fans of the novels and those who want to experience the Final Empire firsthand.
Deluxe Hardcover Edition (Direct Order Only)
This version of the Mistborn Adventure Game is available exclusively through Crafty Games. It features all the same contents as the softcover edition plus full-color endsheets displaying the Allomantic and (brand new) Feruchemical tables of metals, a stamped spine, and a beautiful, full-color dust jacket. It’s the perfect addition to any Sanderson fan’s bookshelf.
Softcover Retail Edition
This version of the Mistborn Adventure Game will be available in book and hobby retailers worldwide, but you’re also welcome to purchase it here. It features the same contents as the deluxe hardcover edition in a compact, easy-to-carry and use format. It’s perfect for that gamer on the go!
The Mistborn Adventure Game is also currently available in PDF, which includes the same content as the softcover edition. You can also bundle the Digital Edition with either the Hardcover or Softcover Edition for just $5 more than the print book!
Crafty Games is locked and loaded for our most incredible Gen Con yet! We’ve got celebrity signings at our booth, new products, and a chance to game with Scadrial’s very own crewmaster, Brandon Sanderson! Follow…
WHAT’S THIS ABOUT NEW PRODUCTS?
That’s right. We’ll have three all-new products at the show…
- Mistborn Premium Dice Set ($16.99, limited to 200 sets): Cast in a custom steel color, these beautiful 10-die sets replace each 6 face with a unique Allomantic symbol (Tin, Pewter, Iron, Steel, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass, Gold, and Atium)
Cast in a custom steel color, these beautiful 10-die sets replace each 6 face with a unique Allomantic symbol (Tin, Pewter, Iron, Steel, Copper, Bronze, Zinc, Brass, Gold, and Atium)
Mistborn Elite Dice Set ($29.99, limited to 50 sets): All 10 Premium dice plus a handsome dice bag large enough to hold all but the biggest gaming hoard
- The Crafty Work of Ben McSweeney ($14.99, limited to 100 copies): This beautiful 64-page art book features the work of Mistborn Adventure Game and Fantasy Craft cover and interior illustrator Ben McSweeney, and includes development and behind-the-scenes pieces from many of our books, including the forthcoming Spellbound
This is a numbered run and limited to just 100 copies.
As an added benefit, every non-digital purchase at the Crafty Games booth also gets you a special Eleventh Metal Promo Die…
Finally, we have some announcements for the show, including…
- Brandon Sanderson Celebrity Roleplaying Event (Sunday 11am to 4pm at the JW Marriott, Room 304): Win a spot at a private RPG event in which Brandon Sanderson himself will be part of your crew! Every purchase at the Crafty Games booth through the show counts toward one or more raffle tickets, and we’ll be announcing winners throughout the weekend.
- Brandon Sanderson / Ben McSweeney Signing (Saturday 4:30pm to 6pm at the Crafty Games booth – #419 in the Studio 2 block): Come pick up a copy of the Mistborn Adventure Game and get it signed by the novel series author himself, along with the Mistborn concept artist and RPG cover and interior artist!
- Ben McSweeney Signing (Friday 12pm to 1pm at the Crafty Games booth – #419 in the Studio 2 block): Ben has his own signing session as well, and there’s talk of him bringing a little something special for those Mistborn and Fantasy Craft fans out there.
- Crafty Games Declassified Seminar (Thursday, 3pm to 5pm at the Crowne Plaza, Pennsylvania Stn B): Join Alex Flagg and Patrick Kapera for this no-holds barred, town hall-style roundtable on all things Crafty, including the Mistborn Adventure Game and the forthcoming Spycraft Third Edition and Ten Thousand Bullets.
- Ambush Product! That’s right – we can’t yet reveal just what we have waiting in the wings but we can confirm that we’ll have a little something new at the show – something that you’ve never had the chance to purchase before, and which we think you’ll all really dig.
For a full list of our events, please visit…
Crafty Games is in Booth #419 this year, part of the Studio 2 block of publishers.
- Walk the Spiral (RPG1230474): This is an ongoing campaign run across multiple venues with different players controlling the same characters. I’m using it to develop the upcoming Qalidar: Resistance RPG. (The catalog says Peryton Continuum, but that was before I settled on a name.) Flavor text for the game at http://plus.google.com/109670738359423897568/posts/MdhqrzdfLU4.
- 53 Miles West of Venus (RPG1229701): Playtest of a major revision of the TAG Spacers rules. Description of Spacers at http://perytonpublishing.com/spacers.htm.
New Product Releases:
- Qalidar: Echo of Mandala – New adaptation of the Qalidar setting for the Peryton Fantasy RPG, updated with new material and a sample adventure. More info at http://perytonpublishing.com/qalidar.htm.
- New Khazan: Silver Release – Revised edition of the New Khazan setting for Tunnels & Trolls. More info at http://perytonpublishing.com/newkhazan.htm
- TAG Horror and Spacers revisions. Possibly others.
Full List of Events Run by Peryton Gamers:
Mutants & Masterminds: Threat Report
Authors: Glenn Hall,Steven Kenson, Jon Leitheusser, Christopher McGlothlin, Jack Norris, and Aaron Sullivan
Format: 176 pages,full color, softback
Release Date: July, 2012
The Silver Storm has turned Emerald City from a quiet Pacific Northwest metropolis to a hub of super-criminal activity, and AEGIS—theAmerican Elite Government Intervention Service—is on the job. Threat Report presents profiles on dozens of the new supervillains endangering Emerald City and the world. From “stormers” newly granted their powers to ancient and eldritch evils, from beneath Emerald City’s streets to other dimensions and times, Threat Report gives you a plethora of villains to challenge your players. This book compiles most of Green Ronin’s Threat Report PDF series of villain profiles, along with new content created just for this collection. You’ll find a variety of villains ready-made for your Mutants & Masterminds game, from low-level mercenaries for hire to super-powered thugs and cosmic world-beaters, even gods pulling the strings from behind the scenes. Heroes get ready because the villains of Emerald City are on the loose!
A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide: A Game of Thrones Edition
Authors: David Chart, Joshua J. Frost, Brian E. Kirby, Jon Leitheusser, Anthony Pryor, Robert J. Schwalb, and Owen K.C. Stephens
Cover Artist: Michael Komarck
Format: 256 pages, full color hardback
Product Code: GRR2708
Release Date: August, 2012
A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide is your complete resource on George R.R. Martin’s Westeros. In its pages you will find a complete history of the Seven Kingdoms, from the days of the First Men to the reign to the Targaryen kings and the War of the Usurper. Its chapters cover the lands from the North to Dorne, the Iron Islands to the Stormlands, the Free Cities and beyond. You’ll also find descriptions and game stats for the major players of the Game of Thrones, from the Starks and Lannisters to the Baratheons and Tyrells. This new edition revises and updates the original book, making it the indispensable guide for fans of the novels, the TV show, and the roleplaying game.