THE LIVING FINGER IS THE DIGIT THAT REMEMBERS… AND DISMEMBERS
– Give or get THE LIVING FINGER Trade Paperback on July 27, 2016 –
Los Angeles, CA (July 10, 2016) – THE LIVING FINGER, a fantastical new full-length graphic novel, releases from Darby Pop Publishing and Magnetic Press on July 27th. The quirky horror/thriller was written and letters by Garth Matthams with art and cover by Armin Ozdic.
Logline: THE LIVING FINGER is a classic Boy meets Girl story… assuming the Girl is a severed finger, and the Boy is tasked with finding her a living host to attach to.
Short Synopsis: When well-meaning Jason discovers a disembodied finger that appears to be “alive,” it quickly becomes the sole focus of his life. He names the digit “Wendy,” learns to communicate with it via “tap code,” and discovers that the one thing Wendy wants more than anything else is a living, breathing human body to attach to. Just how far will Jason go to satisfy the ambulatory appendage?
Long Synopsis: When well-meaning Jason discovers a disembodied finger that appears to be “alive,” it quickly becomes the sole focus of his life. He names the digit “Wendy,” learns to communicate with it via “tap code,” and discovers that the one thing Wendy wants more than anything else is a living, breathing human body to attach to. But, as soon as Jason helps Wendy secure an unwitting “host,” problems arise. And soon, Jason has collected a bathtub full of corpses, a rightly suspicious sister, and a best friend hell-bent on selling Wendy to the highest bidder. Even worse, Jason is beginning to realize that he may have acted a bit rashly, especially when Wendy begins displaying an unhealthy fascination with knives. Is there any way for Jason to set things right without becoming another casualty?
“With a quirky sense of humor and a strong focus on relationships, THE LIVING FINGER could well be the slightly-drunken love child of films such as CABIN IN THE WOODS, EX MACHINA, and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN,” said Jeff Kline, founder of Darby Pop Publishing.
THE LIVING FINGER has received praise quotes from key figures in the horror space and top “comic book” websites:
- “A macabre modern fairy tale for horror fans.” – Derek Mears (FRIDAY THE 13th, DEAD SNOW, SLEEPY HOLLOW)
- “I’ve always said women have more smarts – and, apparently, murderous impulses – in their little finger…” – Tyler Mane (HALLOWEEN, X-MEN)
- “Fiendishly Fun….Classic Art meets Bizarre Horror…just what the Doctor Ordered!” – Glenn Hetrick (FACE-OFF)
- “Deliciously weird and twisted, just like every comic centered around a severed finger with a conscience should be.” – Adam Green (HATCHET franchise)
- “The Living Finger is intriguing. The comic’s title might sound like a Roger Corman movie, but this book is hardly horror schlock.” – Ain’t It Cool News
- “The Living Finger is strange as hell and crazy. But that’s not a bad thing. I was never bored.” – Forces of Geek
- “The Living Finger…is a series to keep an eye on.” – The Fandom Post
THE LIVING FINGER hits comic book stores and bookstores on July 27th at a $14.99 cover price. It can be ordered by retailers from Diamond Book Distributors with Diamond Code MAY161626. It can also be pre-ordered now on Amazon where it’ll be available for sale on August 9, 2016.
About Darby Pop Publishing
Multiple Emmy Award-winning founder Jeff Kline started Darby Pop Publishing with the goal of using the visual medium of sequential art — aka comic books — to tell all-new stories. As a life-long lover of the form, Jeff convinced a small circle of his movie/tv friends to join him as he “broke into” comics after writing/producing nearly 1000 episodes of television over the past two decades. Three years and 40+ books later, Darby Pop Publishing continues to be a creator-owned labor of love.