PAIZO ANNOUNCES HUNDREDS OF PATHFINDER EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES FOR GEN CON 2016
Returning as a Gen Con Co-Sponsor, Paizo to Host a Vast Array of Activities for Veteran and New Pathfinder Players Alike
REDMOND, WA (July 7, 2016): Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, announces today the line-up of events and promotions planned for Gen Con 2016. With hundreds of activities for players of all levels, Pathfinders will experience a Gen Con like never before.
– Pathfinder Society’s takeover of the Sagamore Ballroom is now the stuff of legends, with hundreds of gaming tables arrayed wall-to-wall across Gen Con’s largest and most luxurious gaming space. Highlighted Roleplaying Guild events include Thursday night’s pre-generated character special Serpents’ Ire (a follow up to last year’s Serpents’ Rise) and Saturday’s pre-generated character special Through Maelstrom Rift. Also highlighted is The Cosmic Captive, Friday night’s massively multiplayer 1,000-hero Special kicking off the Year of the Stolen Storm, Season 8 of the world’s largest organized play campaign! Join the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild in the Sagamore Ballroom for hundreds of games for every level of play, 3 new scenarios, 6 new quests, and a silent auction for valuable boons to raise money for Gen Con’s charity, The Pourhouse. All are welcome, no experience necessary!
– Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild returns to the Sagamore Ballroom as well, with four days packed full of adventure. On Friday, cards and dice come together in The Cosmic Captive. This is a world-premier event, incorporating a card game component into the interactive special. Throughout Gen Con, players can join the 2nd annual Open Tournament, where teams of four go head-to-head to proclaim themselves champion. Attendees may play through all of the Season of the Runelords organized play campaign, or pick up games from past campaigns the Season of the Shackles and the Season of the Rightous. Loaner decks are available for new players, so come on out and give the cards a try!
– Gen Con 2016 launches Pathfinder Society Academy, Pathfinder Society’s newest program designed to introduce kids ages 6 and up to the world of Pathfinder. Pathfinder Society Academy includes Kid’s Track Beginner and Advanced scenarios, as well as Transitions —5 new adventures to get players to level 2 and ready to join Pathfinder Society— and youth-friendly versions of some favorite Pathfinder Society scenarios.
– Paizo is proud to launch the new summer Pathfinder RPG hardcover book each year at Gen Con and this year will be no exception with the release of Pathfinder RPG: Horror Adventures. Horror Adventures takes game masters and players into the darkest reaches, where madness and death lurk around every corner. Horror Adventures is available for pre-order now.
– Stop by the Paizo booth in the exhibit hall (#103) to meet Pathfinder cover artist Wayne Reynolds and many of Paizo’s designers, artists, and other team members, collect daily buttons, and participate in a demo of the upcoming Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Mummy’s Mask for a free Reta Bigbad promo card.
– Cheer on Team Pathfinder in the Live RPG Plus event, where Erik Mona, Jason Bulmahn, Crystal Frasier and F. Wesley Schneider face off against GM and Dicestormers host Benjamin Loomes who will be attempting a Total Party Kill on our fearless adventurers. Tickets are available from Gen Con for $2.
– Post a picture to social media with a Pathfinder goblin, tag it with #GoblinHorde, and join the community chronicling the adventures of Pathfinders’ mischievous mascots.
– Visit Scotty’s Brewhouse, the official Pathfinder clubhouse of Gen Con, for a food menu straight out of Golarion and enjoy a pint of the limited edition Pathfinder Cthulhu Brew. Wednesday, Scotty’s plays host to the Pathfinder Society in a spin-up to the launch of Gen Con on Thursday.
Paizo is thrilled to return to Gen Con as a co-sponsor of the Best Four Days in gaming. For more information about Paizo and Pathfinder visit paizo.com.
About Gen Con
Gen Con, LLC produces the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, science fiction, and adventure game convention in North America, Gen Con, The Best Four Days In Gaming!™. Acquired in 2002 by former CEO and founder of Wizards of the Coast Peter Adkison, the company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Gen Con 2016 is co-sponsored by Mayfair Games and Rio Grande Games. For more information, visit www.gencon.com.
About the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
In the best-selling Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil. The Pathfinder RPG is currently translated into eight languages, and the vibrant Pathfinder universe has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, miniatures, plush toys, and apparel, and is being developed into a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.
About Paizo Inc.
Paizo Inc. is publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Tales novels, as well as board games and accessories. The Pathfinder world, in which players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil, is currently translated into eight languages, and has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, toys, and apparel, and is being developed into an MMORPG. Paizo.com is also a leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world.