After seven months of development, the PDF’s of the Investigator’s and Keeper’s Guides to the Secret War are finally available to buy from RPGNow, DriveThruRPG and Modiphius.com – just in time for Christmas!
Achtung! Cthulhu is a terrifying World War Two setting, fully compatible with both the Call of Cthulhu, Sixth Edition and Savage Worlds roleplaying games. In fact all the releases in the Achtung! Cthulhu line are dual-statted for both systems!
Discover the secret history of World War Two: stories of amazing heroism, in which stalwart men and women struggle to overthrow a nightmare alliance of steel and the occult; of frightening inhuman conspiracies from the depths of time; of the unbelievable war machines which are the product of Nazi engineering genius – and how close we all are to a slithering end! The Secret War has begun!
The Keeper’s Guide to the Secret War is a full-blown tome of wartime dark knowledge for all Keeper’s and GM’s including:
- Allied and Nazi forces & intelligence agencies
- New rules and strategies for World War Two combat & survival
- Key characters & vile creatures
- New tomes, secret weapons, artefacts & equipment
- Occult organisations (including the Order of the Black Sun and Nachtwölfe) and Mythos-based missions
- A whole Shoggoth’s worth of Cthulhu villainy, enough for any Keeper to have his investigators dead, insane or running for their lives in no time!
The Investigator’s Guide to the Secret War is the definitive player’s guide to life in the late 30’s and 40’s. Inside you’ll find a whole kit-bag stuffed with:
- New occupations, skills, equipment, and backgrounds from across Europe, the British Commonwealth, and the United States
- How you can keep the home fires burning, become part of the Allied war effort, or risk everything by joining the partisans to bring down the Reich from within!
- What life was like serving with the military forces and on the Home Front
- An array of historical and fictional material to help you create exciting player characters and NPCs
- A background generator, designed to help you find out what dark secrets your past contains…
Both books require the Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition or Savage Worlds Rulebooks to play. FATE versions of the Investigator’s and Keeper’s Guide being written by Ryan Macklin will be released in February 2014. Modiphius plans to release episodic adventures and supplements to support the FATE version through the year.
The Investigator’s Guide PDF is priced $14.99 and the Keeper’s Guide $22.99 or a special Christmas bundle gets you both for just $29.99!
Funded by Kickstarter earlier in 2013, the Achtung! Cthulhu line consists of 11 books featuring extensive guides covering the Western, Eastern, Pacific and North African Fronts, a guide to Terrors of the Secret War, two massive 248 page colour hardback campaigns; Shadows of Atlantis and Assault on the Mountains of Madness, three cross-over supplements with Paolo Parente’s DUST universe, Godlike and Interface 2.0, a massive range of 28mm heroic scale Investigators, Nazi Villains and Cthulhu creatures, a full skirmish game release, floor tiles, mugs, t-shirts, boardgames and much more. Full colour hardback versions of the Investigator’s Guide and Keeper’s Guide launch in retail in February.